NOTICE TO EXHIBITORS
1. Entry fees must be paid for entry to be valid.
2. Stated entry fees, membership fee and associated charges are inclusive of gst.
3. Please supply all the information asked for.
4. Please ensure that your correct postal and email addresses are given to receive
confirmation of entries and a schedule for the next Show.
5. Carefully read the rules and instructions relating to your particular section entry to make
sure that your entries correct and in the appropriate classes.
6. Prizes will be posted to class winners.
7. Exhibits may only be collected as stated or by arrangement with the Show Secretary.
Hours for collection are detailed in your entry confirmation email.
BY LAW REGULATIONS - Governing the Conduct of the Show
1. No exhibit shall be received without a Proof of Entry, together with entry fees, on or before the closing date for entries. The Secretary will acknowledge entry fees by returning the exhibitor an entry confirmation. The Secretary shall have the power to extend the date of entry in any section.
2. The Committee of the Society reserves the right of refusing or cancelling any entry without giving reasons for so doing.
3. Exhibit Tickets may be sent by post, but in special circumstances can be obtained from the Secretary’s Office at the Bendigo Showgrounds, on the day prior to the Show.
4. Unless otherwise specified, all exhibits must be the property of the exhibitor.
5. The same exhibit cannot enter or compete in two sections except where specially permitted.
6. The Committee reserves the right of adjudicating on any questionable entry, or any matter not provided for in the general conditions and regulations of the Society.
7. In cases of adverse weather, or any cause whatsoever, the Committee reserves the right to vary or alter or amend any competition, display or postpone same to another date should same be considered to be essential.
8. All entries must be delivered to and removed from the Society’s grounds at the cost of the exhibitor.
9. Exhibitors or their agents must (if required) point out to the Steward their respective exhibits in order that they may be identified and classified, before being submitted to the judges.
10. No exhibit will be admitted into the Society’s ground unless the attendant is in possession of the Secretary’s proof of entry, and each exhibit when it enters the ground, must be delivered to the correct location.
11. When the judge(s) considers an exhibit in any class to not be of sufficient merit to deserve a prize, no prize will be awarded. Judges may award a second or third prize if they consider no exhibit worthy of a first prize.
12. Should a judge have reason to doubt the bona fide of any exhibit, they shall refer to the stewards, who shall make inquiries and secure proof before the award is made.
13. The Committee may withhold any prizes when statements regarding the exhibits are proved to be erroneous, or when an exhibit has not been in accordance with these regulations, and the exhibitor or exhibitors found guilty of false entries or statements shall be liable to be barred from again competing.
14. Judges may recommend to the Committee to award a special prize should they consider any exhibit deserving.
15. Any prize left unclaimed for longer than 14 days shall be forfeited and cancelled by the Society.
16. Should there be any reason to suspect an exhibit is either diseased or dangerous, the Society reserves the right of refusing admittance to or removing the same from the grounds at the expense of the exhibitor.
17. Exhibits may not be collected prior to the communicated collection time, unless permission is received in writing from the Society.
18. Any protest against any exhibit or the judge’s decision must be made in writing and lodged with the Secretary before judging commencement. The sum of $50.00 must accompany the protest, and this shall be forfeited and become the property of the Society, if, in the opinion of the Committee, the protest is frivolous.
19. Where there is no competition in any class or section, no prizes may be awarded unless the judge certifies to special merit.
20. Competitors in all Sections will compete at their own responsibility and risk.
21. Entry fees paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
22. By completing a competition entry you agree to abide by the terms and conditions as outlined above.